Bill would allow speaking out on homosexuality for religion - WSMV Channel 4
Lol that was just the first place it was read, there's the local station reporting it, nice try though.
Printable View
Bill would allow speaking out on homosexuality for religion - WSMV Channel 4
Lol that was just the first place it was read, there's the local station reporting it, nice try though.
The problem with that is that adults differ on the ways to "deal with it". Some want them to embrace it and accept and love who they are, other folks want to send them to a pray-the-gay-away camp because they don't accept it.Quote:
Originally Posted by steer
This is such a multi-layered issue, there aren't any simple answers.
Unless it is by the AP i am not believing it. That is what you've taught us through time on here?
Lol no, I've only asked to back up what people say with sources, reliable ones. I've done that. Here's an AP story though, just for you...
Dyersburg State Gazette
Want to keep denying the religious driven bigotry or acknowledge it? That's the biggest reason for bullying against the LGBT community, when you have gov. on state and fed. levels openly endorsing it with their treatment of them whether it be this, DOMA or any number of laws making them second-class citizens, when everyone on one parties presidential field support shit that promotes hate...while parents and society say nothing, you get the epidemic we have now. This isn't the first time TN tried to pull something like this, there was the infamous "Don't Say Gay" bill they tried to push, pathetic.
Go on peckerhead. Are you calling me a bully? IM saying bullying is real, to whine about being called a man whore takes away from the real reason kids or anybody else are bullied these days. Being called a fag because of who you are is a long way away from being called man whore cause you cant keep you pants zipped up.
YEh I go on about shit, but if I heard you call a kid a faggot in in a mean way id knock the shit out of you. If you laughed and called a kid a man whore I'd laugh.
I Guess I better clarify mean way " Guys call each others fags every day not in a I hate homo's way" But in some other way not attacking sexuality.
I do see MJ's point somewhat, some guys would not take being called a man whore an insult. But its not fair to paint everyone with the same brush, what offends one person may not always offend someone else and vice versa.
Biggin IF I call you a man whore to your face. Are we gonna fight over that? I doubt it. Your not man whore are you?
Whatever the term was used towards steer, it doesn't matter. It was used in a derogatory and hurtful way, which is textbook bully practice. Said bullies could have called steer a writing desk, and if there were some kind of negative connotation to be taken out of that towards steer given his situation, then it's bullying.
I think you're missing the point, MJ. Manwhore may not be a derogatory term to you, but to steer (in his situation), it indeed was, and it affected him adversely. That should be the focus here. Just because you wouldn't take offense to it doesn't mean that steer couldn't...as you weren't in his shoes and circumstance at the time.
Just take it for what it's worth. I don't think steer was on a crusade to keep folks from using the term manwhore towards anyone, it's moreso any derogatory terms that some folks may think are harmless that instead are hurtful to others. It could be manwhore. It could be fag. It could be homo. It could be MikeJones. It's all about the situation and intent behind it.
I'll give you one example to try to bridge this gap that you're missing--if a girl is called a whore all throughout HS and she simply isn't promiscuous but is painted that way by a bully just to try to discredit her reputation--that's bullying. The stigma of being a whore is something no girl should have to walk around with, especially if it's undeserving, and only done to be hurtful. Now, it may be more acceptable for a guy to sleep with a bunch of different girls and thusly be a "manwhore", but if it's unearned and only used as a way to intimidate and bully...then that's simply wrong.